What we do: Our clients call us when they have something pressing on their minds—whether it is a major strategic or operational need or an organizational challenge. They look to us for honest, objective, thoughtful advice when they find themselves under pressure to deliver results. They call us in uncertain times. They talk to us when information is difficult to get and insights are scarce. They call us when they need to make decisions that will have major consequences for their people, their organizations, and the countries in which they operate. They call us when they want a truly global perspective. We help organizations explore extraordinary opportunities, manage and sustain growth, and maximize revenue.
We do this using five core principles:
1. Follow the top down management approach. We find and solve the most critical and challenging problems. We take an overall, independent, and fact-based view of a client’s performance. We rely on facts because they provide clarity and align people. Facts are the global management language. We work with facts to provide credible recommendations. We work directly with leaders who can partner with us to develop and accept recommendations and have the ability to implement them.
2. Use our network of senior consultants to deliver the best talent to clients We rely on multiple people, not a single consultant or a single office, to provide leadership and our high standard of client service in each situation. We draw on our network of the best expertise to bring together the right minds for the right solutions.
3. Innovations in management practice to clients Our clients need new insight. We ask our people to bring their best thinking to our clients. We invest significant resources in building knowledge. We see it as our mission to bring this knowledge to our clients for the benefit of business sucess.
4. Build client capabilities to sustain improvement We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the work after we have left.
5. Build enduring relationships based on trust We earn our clients’ trust. We do this through our consistently superior service, our professional conduct, and our complete commitment. Each one of us is responsible for earning and keeping our clients’ trust with our individual behavior and the quality of our work. We care for our clients as people and organizations, even when we are not serving them.